Dear God, today I focus on my gratitude for my dear mom who passed on July 2, 2017. I am so grateful that you allowed her to come into this world on Saturday, October 25, 1947 to impact all the lives she touched as:
- An obedient and discipline child to her parents and various communities in which she was raised.
- A loving sister to many.
- A wonderful and devoted wife to her husband
- A loving, protective, caring, strict and jovial mother to seven biological children and a host of foster children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, whom she nurtured and encouraged to be exceptional human beings.
- A wonderful relative to a host of aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins.
- A counsellor and advisor to thousands.
- A long-standing and devoted member of the People’s National Party in Jamaica.
- A creative interior decorator and business woman who cooked and satisfied thousands at Mama’s Place in Bay Road, Westmoreland, Jamaica (now I am missing her cooking lol. She was a great cook, and many loved her pork meals.)
- She was a wonderful friend and confidant to many, including me.
- She was a devoted Christian.
God I thank you that I knew her and that she loved me and I her. I especially thank you my Father that while writing this, I am smiling (last year this time I was tearing up). I am her writing and visualizing her; seeing her all dressed up (she loved to dress up and was a fashionable woman) on a Sunday, looking beautiful as ever and graceful going to church, where she sang beautifully.
Again, I thank you God for sharing her with us, I will always love and cherish her memories…now I am in tears, but I am fighting them back by smiling, because God you are good for sending her to impact lives, especially mine and this is good reason to be happy and grateful.
I will keep smiling in your honour Mama – Happy birthday hon and keep singing with your beautiful voice and watch over us. Thanks for your love and care my beautiful Catherine Anglin-Pearson. I LOVE YOU ALWAYS!
You are missed by your husband Desmond Pearson, me, your daughter Maria and sons Billy, Steve, Jeremy and Acleish. Please say hello to your baby son Franz who left us to be with you in paradise. You are also missed by thousands who love you. Again, happy birthday mama!